Area Agency on Aging Region IIIA
LONG TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM
Health Care Decision-Making for Residents of Nursing Homes
Region IIIA Area Agency on Aging administers the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program serving Barry, Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo, and St. Joseph counties. The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program was created to address the quality of care and quality of life experienced by residents who reside in licensed long term care facilities - nursing homes, homes for the aged, and adult foster care facilities.
The ombudsman should be contacted:
- When you have unresolved questions or concerns about care in a facility.
- When you have questions about your rights in a long-term care facility.
- When you have questions on alternatives to nursing home care.
- When you want to learn more about best practices and creative solutions to problems in long-term care settings.
- When you have questions or need technical expertise on long-term care issues.
- When you want to schedule a presentation on issues related to long-term care.