|American Cancer Society - Road to Recovery Program ||1-800-227-2345|
- Any medical appointment for cancer patients (all ages); two business day notice required; drivers are volunteers; rides not guaranteed but are usually provided; patients must be ambulatory; no fee, but donations accepted.
|American Red Cross (Veterans) ||(269) 353-6180|
- Eligible veterans are provided free transportation to the VA Hospital in Battle Creek (volunteer driver) typically on Thursdays. Please call the local American Red Cross chapter office (269-353-6180) on the Monday preceding the date of the scheduled medical appointment to secure a ride.
|Metro County Connect ||(269)337-8222|
- County-wide origin to destination service; door-to-door transportation available but need prior approval. For age 62+ or a person with a disability, reduced rates available. Call 337-8477 if you live within 3/4 miles of bus routes. Outside that area, call 337-8858. Request service up to 7 days in advance, 8am-5pm, Sun-Fri, by calling 350-2970. Personal Care Attendant (PCA) may accompany rider at no additional cost - must be noted when making request. Vehicles are lift-equipped. Will travel to the VA Hospital in Battle Creek. One-way fare expected at time of boarding - exact change required. Cancellation policy, expect any of 3 vans of varying sizes
Metro County Connect Grocery Bag Assistance Program (269)350-2970
Hours: Tuesday & Thursday, 6:30-9pm; Saturday 7-10am & 1-9pm (based on availability); request service at time of scheduling; drivers will load up to 10 grocery bags on the van and deliver to the front door of passenger's residence; cost is double fare for the trip home.
Metro Transit (bus service)
- Wheelchair lifts available on all fixed route buses; seniors and persons with a disability are eligible for discounted fares - call 343-8477 for certification forms (ADA) or to register by phone (senior discount, age 62+)
|Portage Senior Center ||(269) 329-4555|
- Volunteer drivers transport individuals & small groups age 50+ to grocery stores & senior centers (not medical appointments), Monday-Friday, 8:30am-1pm; van is not handicap accessible; must reserve day before by 5pm; $3.50 donation requested per round trip; Portage residents only (but do not need to be PSC members)
|Senior Services, Inc. ||(269) 382-0515|
- Volunteers 4 Seniors: Volunteers are available to provide transportation to homebound Seniors for grocery shopping or non-emergency medical appointments. Rides must be to and from locations within Kalamazoo County and are subject to availability of drivers. A two-week notice is requested; donations are appreciated. Call 382-0515 x 127 for more information.
- Senior Services Home Care: offers rides for various appointments, errands, and activities on a fee for service basis. Call Senior Services, Inc. to inquire about fee structure.
|Shepherd's Center ||(269) 383-1122|
- Volunteer drivers escort riders 60+ for medical rides Mon-Thur and for non-medical rides on Wed & Thur; drivers will stay for appointments; call Mon-Thur, 9am-noon to reserve, or leave a message on the 24 hour voice mail - advance notice is requested; call as soon as you have an appointment scheduled; cannot accommodate wheelchairs; $10 donation requested per round trip, but not required.
|South County Community Services||(269) 649-2901|
- Volunteer drivers (Metro Van) provide transportation
Monday-Friday for residents in the Fulton, Schoolcraft, Scotts, &Vicksburg areas. Donations are accepted.
|Veterans Transportation Service||(269) 966-5600 Ext. 33871|
- Van or car with volunteer driver will transport any Veteran to the VA Hospital in Battle Creek, with scheduled stops in Berrien, Van Buren, and Kalamazoo Counties. The three stops in Kalamazoo County are the Oakland Park & Ride (westbound exit 75), Ministry with Community (440 North Church St.), and the Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services (3299 Gull Rd.). Advanced noticed is required to reserve seating, call 1-888-214-1247 ext. 33871 for long distance or the local number at 269-966-5600 ext. 33871.