- All dogs 4 months of age or over must be licensed. Between December 1 and March 1 only, most area vets, township/city offices, and the Kalamazoo County Treasurer are selling our tags. After March 1st, you can only purchase your tags directly from Animal Services.
- New dogs over 4 months of age must be licensed within 30 days of obtaining ownership
- Licenses must be purchased each year between December 1 and March 1. If not, you could be cited for Failure to Buy Dog License and be penalized with late charges.
- Dogs turning 4 months old after March 1 must obtain a license within 30 days of turning 4 months old
- Each dog to be licensed must have proof of a current rabies vaccination having at least 30 days remaining before expiration (Rabies vaccinations can be done as early as 3 months of age)
- Licenses are not transferable to another dog
- There is a substantial savings for dogs that are spayed or neutered (we will need proof of this as well)
|2014 LICENSE FEES ||Altered ||Un-Altered|
|Full Year License* ||$10.00 ||$30.00|
|Late License** ||$25.00 ||$45.00|
|Late License with Citation** ||$35.00 ||$55.00|
|Replacement Tag** ||$2.00 ||$2.00|
* Add $2.00 for licenses sold at Vet Clinics
** Purchase at KCASE only - Unavailable at Vet Clinics
|Printable Dog License Application Form|
Where can you get your dog licenses?
- Between December 1 and March 1 only, most area vets, all township/city offices, and the Kalamazoo County Treasurer are selling our tags.
- After March 1st, you can only purchase your tags from Animal Services or mail in your information year-round to Animal Services at 2500 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49048.
- Some area vets will sell licenses year-round for new puppies getting first licenses. Please check with your vet to see if they participate.
Tag Colors By Year
Fees must be paid in full at time of service, in person or by mail. Phone and internet transactions are not available at this time. When mailing in a payment, please make checks payable to Animal Services or Kalamazoo County Treasurer and mail to KCASE, 2500 Lake Street, Kalamazoo MI 49048
Fees may be paid via Credit/Debit Cards, Checks (no starter checks, must be numbered 1000 or over), Money Orders, Cashier's Checks, or Cash.
We do not accept MI Bridge/EBT Cards, Starter Checks, Foreign Currency, or American Express Cards.
Animal Services & Enforcement
2500 Lake Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Director: Steve Lawrence
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
8am to 1pm, 2pm to 4:30pm
8am to 1pm, 2pm to 7pm
Sat, Sun and Holidays
Kennel Closed 12:30pm-2pm Daily