|Find Your Lost Pet (Redemption)
If your pet has become lost, please come in to KCASE and look at the animals here at the shelter. KCASE staff cannot tell you over the phone if your pet may be here or not. If you cannot come into the shelter, have another household member or someone that is familiar with your pet come in to check for you.
Animals are brought to our shelter 24 hours a day, every day of the year including (and especially) over holidays. Animals are found and brought in by KCASE Officers, local Police, and citizens who have found an animal.
Once at the shelter, you can make reclaim your pet if it is here, or post a lost report. You can also ask about animals which may have been located and are deceased, euthanized (due to illness or injury), or transferred to a vet clinic if found sick or injured. Animals are only held for 7 days, so it is important the animal is reclaimed before it is adopted or euthanized.
If your lost pet is not at KCASE, try the following:
- The Kalamazoo Gazette will run free FOUND PET ads for 3 days - your pet may be listed here
- Check Craigslist as many people post found pets here
- Create a Page for your pet on Facebook and encourage friends and family to 'share' the link
- If your pet is microchipped, call the microchip company and make a lost report with them
- Report your animal missing to your veterinarian, or any vet clinics in the area the pet was lost
- If you live near a bordering county, make lost reports with them as well as local Humane Societies
- Put up signs in your local shops and restaurants
- KEEP CHECKING KCASE AND DON'T GIVE UP TOO EARLY!
All owners reclaiming lost pets are subject to penalty and boarding fees, and possible citations or criminal charges on a case-by-case basis. Pets that have bitten are subject to Quarantine fees and other restrictions.
Fees are as follows:
- 1st Redemption $ 25.00
- 2nd Redemption $ 40.00
- 3rd+ Redemption $ 70.00
- Board per Day $ 12.00/Day
- Rabies Vaccination $ 20.00 (Cats, Dogs and Ferrets Only)
- Redemption Microchip $ 20.00 (Cats and Dogs Only)
- Dog License Fees (Unlicensed Dogs Only)
Any unaltered dog may be altered at your expense at the time of 3rd or more redemption as allowed by Kalamazoo County Ordinance.
After 2 years without incident, your redemption fees will start again at the 1st time, however previous redemptions will still count toward mandated neutering as required by Kalamazoo County Ordinance.
Fees must be paid in full at time of redemption, in person. Phone and internet transactions are not available at this time.
Fees may be paid via Credit/Debit Cards, Checks (no starter checks, must be numbered 1000 or over), Money Orders, Cashier's Checks, or Cash.
Animal Services & Enforcement
2500 Lake Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Director: Steve Lawrence
Kennel Closed Daily
12:30 pm - 2 pm
Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri
8 am to 1 pm
2 pm to 4:30 pm
8 am to 1 pm
2 pm to 7 pm
Sat, Sun and Holidays