County Banner Image
Commissioners and Citizen Advisory BoardsServices and ProgramsCounty Departments, Courts and Services ListCounty Directories and Services A to ZCounty Jobs
Community Calendars Public Notices County Home Page Find Us On FaceBook
Laws & Ordinances

KCASE Animal Services Officers (ASOs) are Peace Officers which have been deputized by the County of Kalamazoo. ASOs enforce Laws and Ordinances on a local and state level. ASOs in Kalamazoo County do not have arrest authority, but can and do write citations and file criminal charges for Misdemeanor and Felony offenses. ASOs work closely with other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies on cases ranging from No Dog Licenses to Felony Animal Cruelty.

Please find below a list of laws and ordinances which KCASE ASOs are responsible for enforcing. You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of these files.

For wildlife-related concerns, please contact the MI DNR Conservation Officers. This would include reports of illegal hunting, trapping and poaching.

For specific ordinances for your city or township, please contact your city or township hall or ordinance officer. KCASE will not respond to complaints of barking dogs. For Noise violations, contact your local law enforcement or ordinance officer for your city or township.

Animal Services & Enforcement
2500 Lake Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
PH: 269-383-8775
FAX: 269-383-8713
Director: Steve Lawrence

Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
8am to 1pm, 2pm to 4:30pm

8am to 1pm, 2pm to 7pm

Kennel Closed 12:30pm-2pm Daily

Sat, Sun and Holidays


Linked Facebook Icon Facebook    RSS

Commissioners/Boards | Services/Programs | Departments/Courts
Directories | Employment | Community Calendars | About Us | Email Us | Links
County Home

Copyright and Disclaimer 1995 - 2015, County of Kalamazoo©

County Logo