- Michigan State Law requires all dogs to be rabies vaccinated and licensed at four (4) months of age.
- Dogs must be licensed within 30 days of obtaining ownership or within 30 days of the dog turning 4 months of age.
- Kalamazoo County license tags are sold to Kalamazoo County residents only.
- Kalamazoo County licenses must be renewed yearly between December 1st and March 1st, regardless of when the previous year's license was purchased.
- During the yearly renewal period (12/1 - 3/1), city/township offices, the Kalamazoo County Treasurer and most area veterinary offices sell dog licenses.
- Licenses must be purchased directly from Animal Services after March 1st, or if a citation was issued.
- Proof of current rabies vaccination is required to purchase a dog license. The rabies vaccination must be more than 30 days from expiration at the time of license purchase.
- After a dog is over 1 year of age, proof of spay or neuter is required to purchase a license at the altered rate.
- Licenses are not transferable to another dog.
|LICENSE FEES ||Altered ||Un-Altered|
|Full Year License ||$10.00 ||$40.00|
|Half Year License (first-time license for new dog/resident; applicable between July 10th - November 30th only) ||$5.00 ||$20.00|
|Late License ||$25.00 ||$55.00|
|Late License with citation and/or officer contact* ||$35.00 ||$65.00|
|Replacement Tag ||$2.00 ||$2.00|
* If an officer makes contact with you, leaves a card at your address or sells you a license in the field
NOTE: Dogs under 1 year of age pay the altered rate, regardless of spay/neuter status
Printable Dog License Application Form
Where can you get your dog licenses?
- Between December 1 and March 1 only, most area vets, all township/city offices, and the Kalamazoo County Treasurer are selling our tags.
- After March 1st, you can only purchase your tags from Animal Services or mail in your information year-round to Animal Services at 2500 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49048.
Tag Colors By Year
Fees must be paid in full at time of service, in person or by mail. Phone and internet transactions are not available at this time. When mailing in a payment, please make checks payable to Animal Services or Kalamazoo County Treasurer and mail to KCASE, 2500 Lake Street, Kalamazoo MI 49048
The Kalamazoo County Animal Services & Enforcement office accepts credit/debit cards, checks (no starter checks, must
be numbered 1000 or over), money orders and cash. If you are planning on purchasing your license at a veterinarian or
treasurer office, accepted forms of payment will vary. To inquire about a specific form of payment, please call the
specific veterinarian or treasurer office directly.
Animal Services & Enforcement
2500 Lake Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Director: Steve Lawrence
Kennel Closed Daily
12:30 pm - 2 pm
Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri
8 am to 1 pm
2 pm to 4:30 pm
8 am to 1 pm
2 pm to 7 pm
Sat, Sun and Holidays