County Banner Image
Commissioners and Citizen Advisory BoardsServices and ProgramsCounty Departments, Courts and Services ListCounty Directories and Services A to ZCounty Jobs
Community Calendars Public Notices County Home Page Find Us On FaceBook

Environmental Health Division


The State of Michigan Attorney General's Office has developed A Practical Guide for Tenants and Landlords, to inform you of your rights and responsibilities concerning housing. If an unsafe housing issue arises, you should do the following:

  1. Contact the owner or management company of the dwelling
  2. If the issue continues, contact your local City, Village, or Township ordinance office.
Cities, Villages, and Townships work in conjunction with the Environmental Health Division to safeguard the health and safety of dwellings occupants and the general public. If your local officials are unable to resolve an unsafe housing issue, the Environmental Health Division has the authority to inspect and determine the condition of dwellings, dwelling units, and premises located within the County of Kalamazoo to ensure that they meet the requirements of the Kalamazoo Sanitary Code, Article IV, Housing Regulations. Filing of a written complaint form (pdf) is required.

City of Portage Community Development (269) 329-4477
City of Kalamazoo Code Administration (269) 337-8026

Helpful Links

Guidelines for Re-establishment of Flooded Homes

The Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services Department programs are open to all without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Kalamazoo County.


Linked Facebook Icon Facebook    RSS

Commissioners/Boards | Services/Programs | Departments/Courts
Directories | Employment | Community Calendars | About Us | Email Us | Links
County Home

Copyright and Disclaimer 1995 - 2015, County of Kalamazoo©

County Logo