County Banner Image
Commissioners and Citizen Advisory BoardsServices and ProgramsCounty Departments, Courts and Services ListCounty Directories and Services A to ZCounty Jobs
Community Calendars Public Notices County Home Page Find Us On FaceBook

Environmental Health Division


A residential water supply serves one single-family home. Application PDF

A Type III water supply is a privately owned water supply that services less than 25 people or has more than one but less than 15 service connections. Examples include: Duplexes, small apartment complexes, small grocery or retail stores. Private TypeIII Well Permit Application & Instructions

A Type II Noncommunity water supply is a privately owned water system that provides water for drinking or household purposes to 25 or more persons at least 60 days per year or has 15 or more service connections. A few examples are: schools, day care facilities, churches, restaurants, highway rest areas, and campgrounds. Application

If a well installation or modification (including pump replacement) will result in a pumping capacity of 70 gallons per minute (gpm) or greater (alone or in combination with other wells on the property), it is the well owner's responsibility to use an online Water Withdrawal Assessment Tool to determine if the well or modification will create an Adverse Resource Impact to a nearby surface water body.

The Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services Department programs are open to all without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Kalamazoo County.


Linked Facebook Icon Facebook    RSS

Commissioners/Boards | Services/Programs | Departments/Courts
Directories | Employment | Community Calendars | About Us | Email Us | Links
County Home

Copyright and Disclaimer 1995 - 2015, County of Kalamazoo©

County Logo