Health and Community Services Department
Family Planning Resource: Michigan's Plan First!
What is Plan First!?
Plan First! is a new state program that provides funding for family planning services to women - ages 19 to 44 - who otherwise would not have medical coverage for these services.
Plan First! provides coverage for the following:
Abortions and infertility are not covered under this program.
- Office visits for family planning-related services
- Prescriptions for birth control
- Contraceptive (birth control) supplies and devices
- Lab tests
- Treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Some sterilizations for women 21 years of age or older
Who is eligible?
Plan First! will provide services to women who:
- Are age 19 through 44 years
- Are US citizens or qualified immigrants
- Are Michigan residents
- Meet monthly family income limits
- Have a Social Security number or have applied for one
- Are not receiving Medicaid
How do I apply?
You must submit a signed application. Click here to download an application.
What kind of information do I need to provide?
You need information about the following to apply:
- Social Security number
- Marital Status
- Medical insurance (if you have other insurance)
- Living arrangements
How do I get more information about Plan First!
Visit the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services web page.
Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services is committed to providing equitable, culturally competent care to all individuals served, regardless of race, age, sex, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Kalamazoo County.