About The County of Kalamazoo
Click here to view Organizational Chart
The mission of Kalamazoo County government is to provide responsive, innovative and cost effective services.
To achieve our mission, Kalamazoo County government adheres to the following principles:
- treat citizens with dignity, respect, honesty and fairness.
- foster an accessible and responsive process for citizen involvement.
- improve citizen understanding of the role and structure of county government.
- promote effective and responsive Board decision-making.
- encourage a spirit of teamwork.
- exercise the highest standards of financial stewardship and accountability, assuring financial integrity.
- respect the independence and interrelationships among all governmental units.
- seek opportunities to collaborate with other public and private institutions in Southwest Michigan.
- adopt a pro-active, innovative, nontraditional approach to program development and implementation.
- strengthen the diversity and improve the stability of the community economic base.