VITA Free Tax Preparation
April 16 - April 17
Monday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
January 31 through April 17
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 3299 Gull Road, Kalamazoo, MI
Free drop off preparation services offered to those with household income at 54,000 or below.
Not able to attend a Walk-in Wednesday? Not a problem! Additional sites are available for free tax preparation throughout the County during the tax season. Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-563-5432 for more information on the documents to bring, other site locations and tax preparation times, or to make an appointment at the other participating sites.
Residents should have the following paperwork ready when filing taxes:
- State or Federal photo identification
- Social Security cards for all members of the household
- All W2s, 1095s, 1098s, 1099
- Childcare provider’s information
- Energy bill that shows the home heating credit
- Summer and winter tax bills if you are a homeowner
- Investment statements, amounts of other income, and other applicable tax forms
- Bank account information for direct deposit
Last year’s tax return, if available