Office of the Prosecuting Attorney
Your Rights During Prosecution
Under the Crime Victim Right Act of 1985, you have the right to:
- Be present during the entire trial unless you are to be called as a witness.
- Be free from threats or acts of discharge from your employer because you are subpoenaed or requested by the court to testify in court.
- Be provided with a waiting area separate from the defendant.
- Consult with the Prosecuting Attorney to give your views about the disposition of this crime.
- Receive the name of a person to contact regarding information about your case.