The Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office was founded in 1830 when Delamore Duncan was named the first Sheriff for a newly organized territory called Kalamazoo County. Kalamazoo County was comprised of few farms, a lot of wooded land and two small towns called Schoolcraft and "Bronson", whose name was changed six years later to Kalamazoo. The population was a few hundred but a decade of growth saw its population quickly rise to seven thousand. In 2015 the population of Kalamazoo County is 251,000 and the county is dotted with many agricultural areas, two main Cities, Kalamazoo and Portage, and several smaller villages.
The Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office will have reduced office operations for the following days in November. All road patrol and jail operations will be unaffected.
- November 6th - Election Day - Front lobby closed & no inmate visits
- November 7th - Lobby open; no inmate visits due to increased court traffic
- November 12th - Veterans' Day - Front lobby closed & no inmate visits
- November 13th - Lobby open; no inmate visits due to increased court traffic
- November 22nd and 23rd - Thanksgiving weekend - Front lobby closed & no inmate visits
Learn more about the Current News by clicking here