The Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office is a full service police agency employing 195 full time employees and providing services 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
Kalamazoo County offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time eligible employees. The eligible employees at the Sheriff’s Office may expect a range of benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, deferred compensation program, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, sick and vacation leave, and a pension plan. For an exhaustive list of benefits, employees will need to review their respective collective bargaining agreement upon hire.
Applicants for deputy positions for the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office must meet all of the following minimum qualifications:
- Citizen of the United States
- No felony or disqualifying misdemeanor convictions as an adult or juvenile
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver's license at the time of appointment
- 20/20 corrected vision and the absence of color blindness
- One of the below:
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) certification or certifiable
- Michigan Corrections Officer Training Council (MCOTC) certification
- Minimum of 30 college credit hours OR equivalent military training and experience, AND MCOLES certified
Other open positions within the Sheriff’s Office are posted on the Employment page of the County’s website. Please click here to view and/apply for any open positions.
* Current as of February 1, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Richard C Fuller
Paul G Matyas