Sex Offender Registration
The Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office registers, verifies, and updates registered sex offenders who reside in our jurisdiction Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
An individual is required to
- Bring a valid State of Michigan ID or Drivers License identifying their current address when registering.
- Individuals registering for their first verification of the year should bring all relevant paperwork (ex: vehicle registration), and the $50.00 verification fee (cash or check only).
- If the address listed on the ID is not the persons current address, they must have it updated by the Secretary of State
before updating the information with the Sheriff's Office. However, this does not excuse an offender from verifying or updating information within the time allotted by the laws of the State of Michigan.
An individual is required to register as a Sex Offender in the State of Michigan within three (3) business days if they:
- Live permanently or temporarily in Michigan for seven (7) or more consecutive days.
- Work with or without compensation in Michigan.
- Are a student in Michigan.
Further questions may be directed to the Records Department at (269) 385-6190.
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Richard C Fuller
Paul G Matyas