Kalamazoo County Animal Services and Enforcement
You asked and we heard you! After many requests, we're excited to announce online license renewals! Save your stamp and consider purchasing your dog license renewal through our new online portal! Not only is it an easy way to pay, but you’re able to update your phone number/address, upload proof of sterilization & updated rabies certificates and add a photo of your pet to its account!
Do you need to purchase a tag for a new or previously unlicensed dog? You may use the Dog License Application Form to submit for a license by mail!
- Michigan State Law requires all dogs to be rabies vaccinated and licensed at four (4) months of age.
- Dogs must be licensed within 30 days of obtaining ownership or within 30 days of the dog turning 4 months of age.
- Kalamazoo County license tags are sold to Kalamazoo County residents only.
- Kalamazoo County licenses must be renewed yearly between December 1st and March 1st, regardless of when the previous year's license was purchased.
- During the yearly renewal period (12/1 - 3/1), city/township offices, the Kalamazoo County Treasurer and most area veterinary offices sell dog licenses.
- Licenses must be purchased directly from Animal Services after March 1st, or if a citation was issued.
- Proof of current rabies vaccination is required to purchase a dog license.
- After a dog is over 1 year of age, proof of spay or neuter is required to purchase a license at the altered rate.
- Licenses are not transferable to another dog.
|Full Year License||$15.00||$45.00|
|Half Year License (first-time license for new dog/resident; applicable between July 10th - November 30th only)||$7.50||$22.50|
|Late License with citation and/or officer contact*||$40.00||$75.00|
* If an officer makes contact with you, leaves a card at your address or sells you a license in the field
NOTE: Dogs under 1 year of age pay the altered rate, regardless of spay/neuter status
Where can you get your dog licenses?
- Animal Services sells dog licenses all year. Licenses may be purchased in-person (by appointment only) or via mail: 1316 Lamont Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49048. Renewal licenses may also be purchased through our online portal.
- Many area vets, township/city offices and the Kalamazoo County Treasurer sell Kalamazoo County dog licenses between December 1st and March 1st ONLY. Please contact Animal Services to inquire if a specific location participates.
Fees must be paid in full at time of service. Phone transactions are not available at this time. When mailing in a payment, please make checks payable to Animal Services or Kalamazoo County Treasurer and mail to KCASE, 1316 Lamont Avenue, Kalamazoo MI 49048
The Kalamazoo County Animal Services & Enforcement office accepts credit/debit cards, checks (no starter checks, must be numbered 1000 or over), money orders and cash. If you are planning on purchasing your license at a veterinarian or treasurer office, accepted forms of payment will vary. To inquire about a specific form of payment, please call the specific veterinarian or treasurer office directly.
Animal Services & Enforcement
1316 Lamont Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Director: Steve Lawrence
Mon - Fri
10 am to 12:30 pm
2 pm to 4:30 pm
Mon - Fri
8 am to 1 pm
2 pm to 4:30 pm
Sat/Sun and Holidays