Animal Services Officers (ASOs) respond to animal related calls in Kalamazoo County. We cannot respond to reports for out of county locations. ASOs are on duty 24 hours a day, all year long to assist at any time when needed.
During open hours, call KCASE at 269-383-8775 to file a report with our office staff. You will be asked the following:
- What is the nature of the report
- Where is the problem occurring (please be as specific as possible)
- If an owner of the involved animal(s) is known, who are they and/or where do they live
- Your name and contact information
- You may be asked is you are willing to testify in court depending on what you are reporting to us
For non-open hours, call 911 for emergencies only. After hours ASOs will not respond to non-emergencies.
- Example emergency: An animal was struck by a vehicle and is still alive and/or causing a traffic hazard
- Example Non-Emergency: You have found a stray animal and have it confined
If your after-hours problem is not an emergency, please make contact with KCASE on the next available business day.
Reports for serious crimes may be made via Silent Observer by phone or online. It is important that you give as much detail as possible as we will be unable to make contact with you to ask you any further questions. While Silent Observer is a valid reporting method, it is often much more difficult for us to get the information we need to validate your case. KCASE strongly recommends you file all complaints through our office for the most thorough investigation to be possible.
Dog fighting reports can be made to our office, or by making contact with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).
Click here for more information on DOG FIGHTING IN KALAMAZOO COUNTY
Animal Services & Enforcement
2500 Lake Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Director: Steve Lawrence
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
8am to 1pm, 2pm to 4:30pm
8am to 1pm, 2pm to 7pm
Kennel Closed 12:30pm-2pm Daily
Sat, Sun and Holidays