Kalamazoo County Animal Services and Enforcement

Lost and Found Pets

Found a dog wearing a Kalamazoo County dog license?

Retrieve owner info 24/7!

 If you find a dog wearing a Kalamazoo County license tag, you may enter the year of the tag, and ALL 5 digits imprinted on the front of the tag.  The description of the dog and a photo (if uploaded by the owner) will come up along with the owner’s first name and a contact phone number. 

 Online Dog License Search

The pets located on this page are either lost and the owner is in search and needs your help, or the pet was found by someone and they are holding the animal in their care until the owner can be found.

To report a lost or found pet, contact us by calling business hours at 269-383-8775. These animals will be updated daily. If you are looking for a lost pet, and you do not see it here, please come down to Animal Services and Enforcement and take a look in the shelter. Animals in the shelter are kept for 7 days before being offered up for adoption. If you come down to the shelter after you realize your pet is missing, then come back the same day each week, you will never miss your pet if it is turned into KCASE.

If you do place a lost or found ad here, we only ask that you notify us when the pet is found so that we can remove it from the lost and found list. Animals placed on this list will be removed 30 days from the date the animal was listed. If your pet has not been located within that time and you wish to keep looking, just call to place the ad again. This will help us to keep the list from becoming out dated.

KCASE staff cannot tell you over the phone if your lost pet is at the shelter. You will need to come in, or have someone familiar with the pet come in on your behalf to identify the pet.

If your lost pet is not at KCASE, try the following:

  • Check Craigslist as many people post found pets here
  • Monitor Groups on Facebook devoted to lost and found pets, such as Kalamazoo County Lost/Found Pets
  • If your pet is microchipped, call the microchip company and make a lost report with them
  • Report your animal missing to your veterinarian, or any vet clinics in the area the pet was lost
  • If you live near a bordering county, make lost reports with them as well as local Humane Societies
  • Put up signs in your local shops and restaurants

If you have found a pet, try the following:

  • If the pet is wearing a Kalamazoo County license tag, use our online license search to retrieve current owner information
  • Bring the pet to KCASE or a local vet to scan if for a microchip
  • Place an ad on Craigslist for a found pet
  • Report the animal found to local vet clinics
  • If you live near a bordering county, make found reports with them as well as local Humane Societies
  • Put up signs in your local shops and restaurants
  • IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT FOUND PETS: In order to protect both finder and owner, stray animals should not be kept, sold or surgically altered until 30 days has passed from a found report being made to KCASE. If you are interested in keeping the animal, you may reduce the hold time and the risk of future ownership disputes by surrendering it to KCASE and legally adopting it. Please call KCASE for more information.

Animal Services & Enforcement
1316 Lamont Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
PH: 269-383-8775
FAX: 269-383-8713
Director: Chad Ensign


Adoption/Viewing Hours:
Mon - Fri
10 am to 12:30 pm
2 pm to 4:30 pm

Office Hours:
Mon - Fri
8 am to 1 pm
2 pm to 4:30 pm

Sat/Sun and Holidays