Board of Commissioners
Request for Proclamation
The Kalamazoo County Board of Commissioners can officially recognize important dates, significant events, or raise awareness about issues or causes that are consistent with our community's values.
A proclamation may be issued for:
- Civic celebrations
- Public awareness
- Arts and cultural celebrations
- An organization’s event or special Action
- An extraordinary achievement
- Eagle Scout achievement
- Girl Scout Gold Award
A Certificate of Recognition or a congratulatory letter may be issued as an alternative to a proclamation.
Proclamations will not be issued for:
- Matters of political controversy, ideological or religious beliefs or individual conviction
The following criteria must be met in preparing a proclamation:
- The recipient must be a Kalamazoo County resident or business owner (excluding long-time employees of Kalamazoo County businesses)
- The Administrator's Office must be contacted two months prior to the milestone date to receive a questionnaire
- The questionnaire must be filled out as completely as possible and returned to the Administrator's Office 4 weeks before the milestone date
Proclamations can be picked up on a mutually agreed upon weekday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Request your proclamation by completing and submitting the form below.