Register of Deeds
In today's competitive market, being able to save time and money, while supplying superior service to your clients and customers is critical. Electronic recording provides the opportunity to do all three while maintaining the service you expect from your local Register of Deeds office.
On August 27, 2013, the Michigan Electronic Recording Commission adopted the Michigan E-Recording Standards, effective January 1, 2014. Information regarding these standards can be found at The Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget website.
Kalamazoo County's E-Recording Business Rules
- Documents are accepted and processed between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:00PM Monday - Friday excluding holidays observed by Kalamazoo County.
- Payments are currently accepted by ACH per the agreements with the e-recording vendors.
- Party's submitting documents that violate Michigan E-Recording Standards will have their ability to submit documents terminated until further notice.
- Kalamazoo County Register of Deeds reserves the right to reject any electronically submitted documents that do not comply with the Michigan Recording Act and other applicable laws.
- Any amendments and/or alterations to these business rules will be published on this web page 90 days prior to taking effect.
- Kalamazoo County Register of Deeds will only collect recording fees prescribed by state and local statutes. Additional processing fees may be collected by e-recording vendors.
- Electronically recorded documents will be returned to the submitter in electronic format per the agreements with the e-recording vendors.
- Kalamazoo County Register of Deeds currently does not accept the following documents for E-recording: any Plats and Master Deeds with full size maps/drawings.
We accept electronic documents from four major e-recording companies.
Contact the companies to get information and pricing:
- Indecomm - eRecordSupport@indecomm.net | 319-240-1374
- ePN - email@example.com
- Corporation Service Company - firstname.lastname@example.org | 866-652-0111
- Simplifile - email@example.com | 800-460-5657 x3
For Kalamazoo County specific e-recording questions, please contact:
Aneta Bailey, Kalamazoo County Register of Deeds Office
Clerk / Register of Deeds
Chief Deputy Clerk / Register of Deeds
Deputy Register of Deeds
8:00am - 4:30pm Monday
8:00am - 4:30pm Tuesday
9:00am - 4:30pm Wednesday
8:00am - 4:30pm Thursday
8:00am - 4:30pm Friday