Kalamazoo County Identification Card
The Kalamazoo County Identification Card is a photo identification (ID) available to Kalamazoo County residents age 11 and older.
The Kalamazoo County ID is intended to recognize all Kalamazoo County residents and enable them to connect with public safety, civic, and community services.
Without a form of identification, a person is not recognized as a member of the community and not afforded the same opportunities as other community members. Having a form of credible identification enables people to become fully participating members of the community.
Where to Apply
All applicants must appear in-person at:
Kalamazoo County Clerk / Register of Deeds Office
201 W. Kalamazoo Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
How to Apply
Proof of Identity & Residency RequirementsTo receive an ID card, you must be able to show proof of residence in Kalamazoo County and provide proof of identity.
Applicants must produce documents totaling 300 – 400 points following the ID program's point system to qualify for a County ID.
- Applicants ages 11-17 must provide 50% of the number of points required of adults.
- An applicant must provide proof of residence in the county by providing a document in category C and at least one identity credential that contains the date of birth.
- An applicant who is unable to prove residency in the county by providing a document with their own name may present a document with the name of a spouse or domestic partner—together with a certificate of marriage, civil union, or domestic partnership—or a child’s birth certificate.
- A maximum of two documents of one type may be used.
- Eligibility Criteria - English
- Eligibility Criteria - Spanish
- County ID Card Application - English
- County ID Card Application - Spanish
- $10 - New
- $10 - Renewal
- $3 - Replacement of lost, stolen, or destroyed card.
Payment method includes cash, check, credit/debit card, money order, or use of scholarship.
The ID has the following security features to thwart replication or counterfeiting:
- Embedded holographic foil stamp of county seal
- Variable florescent/UV print of county seal and cardholder name (viewable under black light)
- Magnetic stripe
- "Ghosted” photograph of cardholder
Benefits of the Program
- Prove your identity to law enforcement.
- Pick up prescriptions from the pharmacy.
- Present additional identity credentials to the State.
- Prove your identity when using credit cards.
- Prove your identity for merchant transactions.
- Present an additional identity credential to open financial accounts.
- Cash checks at participating financial institutions.
Mobile Unit Events
Clerk / Register of Deeds
Chief Deputy Clerk / Register of Deeds
County ID Program
8:00am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday