Kalamazoo County Courts and Court Services

Americans with Disability Access to Courts (ADA)

An individual with a disability means a person covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 USC 12101 et seq.) and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and includes individuals who have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activity, has a record of such an impairment or are regarded as having such an impairment.

Qualified individual with a disability can be any person involved in a case, such as lawyers, parties, witnesses, or jurors but also include spectators or anyone else eligible to participate in a program, service or proceeding in a court of Michigan.

A request for accommodations under this policy may be presented in writing on a Request for Reasonable Accommodations and Response (SCAO-approved form MC 70), which shall be provided by the court, or orally as the court may allow. 

To submit a written request to the Michigan Avenue Courthouse, Gull Road Justice Complex, and Juvenile Home use the following address:

Chad Kewish
ADA Coordinator
9th Circuit Court
227 West Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49007

A written request may also be hand delivered to any Clerk's Office at the Michigan Avenue Courthouse and the Gull Road Justice Complex or to the front desk at the Juvenile Home.

To submit a written request to the Crosstown Center, use the following address:

Kevin Tatroe
ADA Coordinator
8th District Court
150 E. Crosstown Pkwy
Kalamazoo, MI 49001

A written request may also be hand delivered to a Clerk's Office at the Crosstown Center.

To submit documents electronically email* forms to
*The ADA Grievance may only be submitted by mail or hand delivered. Do not submit the ADA Grievance form via e-mail.

ADA Local Administrative order

Request for Accommodations (MC 70)

Review of Request for Accommodations and Response (MC 70a)

Americans with Disabilities Act Grievance Form (9CC-1002)