8th District Court - Civil Division
Land Contract Forfeitures
The District Court handles complaints for possession after land contract forfeitures for property located within the County of Kalamazoo. The venue of the 8th District Court encompasses all of Kalamazoo County.
Complaints for possession after land contract forfeitures are heard at the Crosstown Courthouse, however, documents may be filed at either of the District Court Locations, if the property is located within Kalamazoo County.
For legal advice, you may contact the following:
- Legal Aid: 269-344-8113
- Kalamazoo Public Library – Law Library: 269-553-7920
- State Bar of Michigan – Attorney Directory
- Forfeiture Notice - Land Contract
- Summons Landlord-Tenant/Land Contract
- Complaint for Possession After Land Contract Forfeiture
Filing Fee: $55