8th District Court

Payment Information

MCR 1.110 Collection of Fines and Costs. Fines, costs, and other financial obligations imposed by the court must be paid at the time of assessment, except when the court allows otherwise, for good cause shown.

You may pay 8th District Court fines and cost in person, by phone, by mail, or online.

Review your citation/ticket to make sure it shows an address of 8th District Court. Click here to view a sample citation/ticket. If the citation/ticket was issued outside Kalamazoo County you must contact the court for that county directly about their payment options.

Payment of a civil infraction is an admittance of responsibility and waives your right to contest the citation. Do not proceed with payment if you wanted a hearing on the matter.


Payments can be made conveniently online with credit or debit cards. To make a payment now, click on the Online Payment box or visit e.courts.michigan.gov

If you are unable to find the ticket information in the location that appears on the bottom of your ticket, please check the additional locations listed.

Note: It may take 3 business days for new tickets to appear in our system.

Civil infractions must be paid in full if paying online, partial payments are accepted only for misdemeanor cases. Payment will not be accepted for cases with active bench warrants or for suspended parking tickets.

You can also look up the amount you owe by visiting the District Court Index or by contacting the court directly at (269) 384-8171.

In Person

The Court accepts cash, check, money order made payable to: 8th District Court.

MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and debit cards are accepted.

Click here for court hours and locations.

By Phone

MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and debit cards are accepted.

By Mail

You may pay by check or money order. Do not send cash.

Allow Time For Mailing - Payments must be received by the due date; therefore, you must allow time for mailing. Verify the address of the court is correctly written on the envelope.

Always include the following with your payment:

  • Signed copy of your ticket
  • Your First/Middle/Last Name (clearly written)
  • Your complete address and telephone number (including area code).
  • The First/Middle/Last Name of the person for whom you are paying, if it is someone other than yourself.
  • The ticket number or case number the payment is intended for. If you do not have that information, contact the court.

Make check or money order payable to 8th District Court and mail to 150 East Crosstown Parkway, Kalamazoo MI 49001