8th District Court - Traffic Division
Admission of Responsibility Payment of Fines & Costs
Process for admitting responsibility and paying fines and costs:
Within 10 calendar days from the date the citation was issued:
- Sign the back of the ticket admitting responsibility.
- Mail or deliver the signed ticket along with payment to the Court within 10 calendar days from the date the citation was issued.
- Methods of payment include: MasterCard/Visa/Discover/American Express, check, money order or cash if appearing in person. Some matters may be paid on-line. For more information go to the Payment Information page.
- Credit card payment may also be made via telephone. In this situation, payment of fines and costs will result in an admission of responsibility.
- If applicable, the conviction will be reported to the Secretary of State, who will post the conviction to the driving record.
If full payment is not possible within 10 calendar days, contact the court within the 10-day period to discuss payment options and requirements.
Failure to Respond:
Failure to respond within 10 calendar days will result in a judgment by default and a $25 default fee, which will be added to the fine and costs. The conviction will be reported to the Secretary of State, who will post the conviction and points (if applicable) to the driving record. A continued failure to respond will result in the suspension of Michigan driving privileges and additional fees.