Kalamazoo County Jury Services
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFO FOR REPORTING JURORS – EFFECTIVE JUNE 28, 2021
Due to Covid-19, please note the following requirements for entry into Kalamazoo County Courthouses and during the course of your jury service:
- DO NOT report if you are feeling ill. You must immediately contact jury services at 269-383-8952 for further instructions.
- Masks will be required upon entry into the courthouse. If you have a medical condition and are unable to tolerate wearing a mask, please contact jury services immediately at 269-383-8952. If you do not have a mask, a disposable mask will be provided.
- Adhere to social distancing requirements.
With guidance and recommendations from the Kalamazoo County Health and Human Services Department and the Michigan State Court Administrative Office, the Kalamazoo County Courts have enacted the following safety measures to promote a safe environment for your jury service.
- Reducing the number of jurors summoned to report
- Staggering juror reporting times
- EZ check-in process
- Requiring mask wearing while in the courthouse
- Placing floor markings to support social distancing
- Re-arranging furniture to support social distancing including spacing in the jury waiting room, courtrooms and deliberation rooms
- Cleaning and sanitizing common areas thoroughly and frequently after use
- Making hand sanitizer available throughout courthouse
Juror Phone Call Scams
Kalamazoo County Jury Services will never contact you by phone requiring you to pay a fine for failing to appear for jury service. If you receive such a call, or a call asking you to meet a deputy to pay a fine, you should contact your local law enforcement to report the call or contact Jury Services at (269) 383-8952.