Kalamaoo County

Environmental Health


Housing/Nuisance Complaint Form
Kalamazoo County Environmental Health responds to complaints that effect the health and safety of the community as it pertains to public health. Authority is given under the Kalamazoo County Sanitary Code and The Michigan Public Health Code for corrective action. Some issues may be referred to another local agency or authority, and some issues are a matter of providing a property owner with educational information. A copy of the Kalamazoo County Sanitary Code is available on the website.

Complete and submit this form for a variety of housing nuisances including inadequate sewer, water and heating services.

Restaurant Complaints
For complaints regarding licensed food establishments located in Kalamazoo County, please call (269) 373-5210.

Smoke Free Workplace Violation & Complaint Form
To report a violation of the Smoke Free law use this form and mail it to Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services, Environmental Health Division, 311 E. Alcott Street Kalamazoo, MI 49001 or Fax a copy to 269-373-5333.

The Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services Department programs are open to all without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Kalamazoo County.