Kalamaoo County

Environmental Health


Restaurant (Fixed Food Service) License is a license for a food service establishment such as a restaurant, restaurant, bar, brew pub, coffee shop, cafeteria, sandwich shop, catering kitchen, rental hall, or commissary in which food or drink is prepared for public consumption. Application

Mobile Food Establishment License is a license for a food establishment operating from a vehicle, watercraft, tent, cart, that returns to a licensed commissary at least once every 24 hours. An example of a mobile food establishment is a hot dog pushcart that leaves from a commissary in the morning and comes back at the end of the same day. A mobile food establishment requires one inspection per licensed year. Application

Special Transitory Food Unit (STFU) License is a license for a self-contained food establishment that can be set up anywhere such as at a park or festival site. An example of a STFU is a food wagon commonly seen at county fairs and festivals. An STFU with a Michigan license can go anywhere in the state and requires two inspections per licensed year. Application

Seasonal Food Service License is a license for food establishments operating in Kalamazoo County nine months or less. Application

Temporary Food Service License is a license for a temporary food business operating at a fixed location for not more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. Application

The Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services Department programs are open to all without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Kalamazoo County.