Kalamaoo County

Environmental Health


The Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth (DLEG) is the licensing agency for manufactured housing communities. The Buyer's & Resident's Handbook contains helpful information for park residents.

The DLEG will respond to complaints about unsafe and unsanitary conditions in manufactured housing communities. If you live in a Mobile Home Park and you wish to file a complaint about building or living conditions, you should complete a complaint form (pdf). To register a complaint with the Department of Labor and Economic Development call the state office at (517) 241-9347.

You can also contact the building inspection office for your city, township, or village. DLEG has notified all local units of government in Michigan that local building code agencies will have primary responsibility for complaint response in mobile home parks

Contact the Michigan Manufactured Housing Program for more information.

Helpful Links:

Mobile Home Commission Act of 1987
Manufactured Housing Rules for Michigan

The Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services Department programs are open to all without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Kalamazoo County.