Health and Community Services Department
During the COVID-19 pandemic and county closure, the following essential services will remaining open at HCS
- Area Agency on Aging Region IIIA: this includes the Information & Assistance Hotline at 269-373-5173 and the Long Term Care Ombudsman at 1-866-485-9393
- Clinic: by appointment only, limited STD testing and immunizations services. There will be no TB Tests including QFTs, titers or travel immunizations
- Environmental Health: Land, water, and wastewater, food safety, and laboratory services
- WIC: by appointment only
- Veterans Service Office: by appointment only
- Maternal Child Health: community workers and programs are available by telephone and email. Processing referrals continues
HCS will adjust hours to be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No evening clinics will be held on Thursdays. Please be aware that calls from HCS employees may come from a number that says “private” or “blocked” in order to protect the privacy of employee’s personal numbers while they work remotely.
Welcome to the Kalamazoo County
Health & Community Services Department
Here at HCS our employees work hard every day in unison with our many partners and the public to prevent disease, promote health, and protect the over 263,000 residents within our County. We are proud to serve the residents of Kalamazoo County, and are honored to be your local public health department.
Our mission is to improve health for all residents of Kalamazoo County
Our vision is a community where equity in social, mental, physical, and environmental health is achieved for all County residents.
Our values include equity, leadership, professionalism, quality, and respect.
I encourage you to learn more about the many programs and services offered, and follow us on social media for information about current public health and community services issues, programs and data that are affecting our community.
Yours in Public Health,
James A. Rutherford, MPA
311 E. Alcott St
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Customer Feedback Survey
Connect with HCS through: