Food Service

Change of Ownership for Food Establishment

Environmental Health has updated daily hours. Open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.)

A change of ownership occurs when a new owner takes over an existing food establishment and:

  • The business has not been closed for more than one year
  • There are no major changes to the menu, major equipment, structure/layout of the facility, or procedures

If the business has been closed for more than one year or major changes to the above items are occurring, the facility may need to go through plan review before a new license can be issued.

All new owners must notify Environmental Health at least 30 days prior to taking ownership and must submit the following:

The required change of ownership items can be submitted in the following ways:

  • Deliver printed items in person to the Environmental Health front desk
  • Emailed to:
  • Mailed to:

    Attn. Environmental Health
    Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services
    311 East Alcott Street
    Kalamazoo, MI 49001


Contact Us

311 E. Alcott St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49001

269-373-5333 (FAX)
269-373-5200 (HCS main line)


8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
Monday thru Friday



Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services is committed to providing equitable, culturally competent care to all individuals served, regardless of race, age, sex, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. 

Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Kalamazoo County.