Health and Community Services Department
PUBLIC HEALTH INTERNSHIPS AND PRACTICUM APPLICATION
Internships available at Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services Department are listed below. When applying for an internship, you will need to fill out an online application and submit your resume and a cover letter. Please do not apply without specifically specifying which internship(s) you are interested in.
All internships posted on this page are UNPAID. Paid internships are posted on Kalamazoo County's Employment Opportunities page, and interested applicants should follow the hiring instructions there. The posting of paid internships do not necessarily follow the release schedule referenced below. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor and apply for a paid internship through Kalamazoo County.
Sprint 2019 Application Dates:
- All internship position descriptions are posted about about the middle of October.
- Submit a complete application (includes resume and cover letter) during a period 10 days to 2 weeks after positions are posted.
- Interviews will occur, and students will be notified of placement or non-placement no later than the middle of November.
Current Internship Opportunities
- Check back in October for a complete list!
Applicants must be 18 years or older and possess a high school diploma prior to the start date of the internship. Internships are not paid positions and follow the academic calendars of post-secondary institutions. Applicants are registered as a student receiving internship credit through a college or university. Hours per week are dependent upon course requirements and/or position description. All other qualifications are listed in the position descriptions.
Future Semester Application Timeline:
The Health & Community Services Department will post position descriptions and release timelines for all available unpaid internships per semester. Please reference the schedule below and be sure to check the website during the months listed.
- Spring 2019: Information released in October 2018
- Summer 2019: Information released in March 2019
- Fall 2019: Information released in July 2019
Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services is committed to providing equitable, culturally competent care to all individuals served, regardless of race, age, sex, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Kalamazoo County.