Human Resources Department
Vision, Mission and Values
The Human Resources Department is a collaborative team of professionals dedicated to:
- Valuing, encouraging, and supporting each other and our diverse workforce;
- Continually improving our individual and organizational effectiveness;
- Anticipating and meeting the changing needs of the workforce;
- Championing career and professional growth;
- Demonstrating and maintaining a healthy work environment, both physically and mentally; and
- Enhancing services through innovation and creativity.
The Human Resources Department supports all staff and programs within each Department, Court, and Elected Official office. In all of our relationships, we stand for integrity, respect, and equity. We do this to promote our pursuit of extraordinary governance within Kalamazoo County Government.
The Human Resources Department values:
- Integrity: We honor our commitments and conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust.
- Teamwork: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds and celebrate participation and partnership in all of our endeavors.
- Change and Innovation: We are open to possibility and foster creativity and risk-taking to support continuous improvement of our Department and our entire organization.
- Positive Leadership: We believe that leadership is a choice, not a position. We are committed to demonstrating and maintaining positivity in our relationships, workplace environment, and our communication with others.
- Quality Results: We believe that everyone deserves excellent customer service and quality results.