Human Resources Department
December 4, 2022
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Kalamazoo County Government. With approximately 900+ employees, Kalamazoo County Government is the tenth largest employer in the County. Opportunities for employment exist in law enforcement, criminal justice, community health, administration, and other areas under the umbrella of county government. County positions offer an excellent, comprehensive flexible benefit package and retirement program.
We wish you success in your employment seeking efforts.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
Personnel Policy 2.01 – “It is the policy of the Kalamazoo County Board of Commissioners to provide equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, a person's political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.” You may view all of the Personnel Policies here.
- Each Sunday, open job postings are updated.
- As indicated, apply separately for each listed position.
- Do not send your resume via E-mail. You must complete an application to be considered for a position.
- A drug test is required for ALL positions.
- Credit checks and criminal background checks may be required for certain positions.
Veterans Wanted - Veterans Encouraged to Apply
Results for Department = 'Parks & Expo Center' - Show All
Expo Center Operations Coordinator
Salary: K-107 (A-F) $48,502.02 - $59,011.08
Tuesday - Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Date Posted: 10/14/2022
Deadline (must be received by): 12/31/2022
Manage and coordinate event services and facilities at the Kalamazoo County Expo Center & Fairground.
- Special event coordination and planning includes meeting setup needs/deadlines, coordinating work of direct reports to meet schedule and event needs, and coordinating with/meeting the needs of event promoters and contract holders.
- Maintained buildings, equipment, facilities, and grounds of the Expo Center.
- Provide customer service to customers and visitors. Answer questions, provide information, and resolve problems or issues that arise during events.
- Provide staff supervision and training, coordinate employees' schedules and daily work assignments, and ensure completed work meets customer and visitor needs.
- Perform risk management assessments, implement emergency procedures, enforce rules and regulations and ensure promoters adhere to policies and contracts.
- Purchasing and coordinating services from outside vendors for operations and events to support events and maintain and operate buildings and grounds.
Bachelor's degree in recreation management, hospitality, business or public administration, or degree in a technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, industrial, civil) related field, or military equivalency.
5 to 7 years of experience in special event services, building operations, supervising employee, experience with equipment, facility, and building Maintenance. Must have strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills and computer skills. A valid Michigan driver's license with a good driving record is required. Must be willing to work non‐traditional hours, weekends, and some holidays.
To apply: all candidates must submit a Kalamazoo County Application for Employment accompanied by a resume and a cover letter. Application materials may be submitted online at https://www.kalcounty.com/hrd/openings.php
Expo Center Operator
Starting Salary S-12A (N-A): $15.53 - $16.26/hr.
Wednesday thru Saturday; full-time, 1:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Date Posted: 09/06/2022
Deadline (must be received by): 12/31/2022
Provide customer service to Expo Center clients and visitors. Prepare and set up for events. Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of building and grounds
- Provide services for event rentals, including setting up tables & chairs, sound equipment, and electrical needs. Prepare and clean before and after events. Securing the building and grounds.
- Provide customer service to clients and visitors. Serve as the contact person for clients, and resolve problems. Enforce rules and policies during event rentals.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of buildings, including cleaning floors, restrooms, general building repairs, improvement projects, painting, waxing floors, light plumbing repairs, and maintaining building equipment.
- Provide services and support during the event. Open and secure rooms, operate public address systems, manage HVAC operations, implement event parking plans, and identify and resolve safety or policy issues that need to be resolved.
- Implement emergency procedures, enforce rules and regulations and ensure promoters adhere to policies and contracts. Single point of contact for promoters and event operations during events.
- Perform routine maintenance grounds, including lawn mowing, trimming, snow removal, leaf removal, fencing, and landscaping.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One to three years of experience in Customer service, special events, building maintenance, and lawn care.
A valid Michigan driver's license with a good driving record is required. Must be able to work independently and willing to work nontraditional hours, weekends, and some holidays.
*County position includes a benefits package with medical coverage, paid holidays, and vacation time. Available supplemental dental and vision. Eligible for Defined Benefit pension after vesting period.
VETERANS: Please provide your joint services transcript with your application.
Kristine D. Cunningham
Human Resources Director
Deputy Human Resources Director
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
Closed on County Holidays