Human Resources Department
July 1, 2022
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Kalamazoo County Government. With approximately 900+ employees, Kalamazoo County Government is the tenth largest employer in the County. Opportunities for employment exist in law enforcement, criminal justice, community health, administration, and other areas under the umbrella of county government. County positions offer an excellent, comprehensive flexible benefit package and retirement program.
We wish you success in your employment seeking efforts.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
Personnel Policy 2.01 – “It is the policy of the Kalamazoo County Board of Commissioners to provide equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, a person's political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, height, weight, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.” You may view all of the Personnel Policies here.
- Each Sunday, open job postings are updated.
- As indicated, apply separately for each listed position.
- Do not send your resume via E-mail. You must complete an application to be considered for a position.
- A drug test is required for ALL positions.
- Credit checks and criminal background checks may be required for certain positions.
Veterans Wanted - Veterans Encouraged to Apply
Results for Department = 'Parks & Expo Center' - Show All
Expo Center Operator
Starting Salary S-12A (N): $15.53/hr.
Wednesday thru Saturday, full-time, 1:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Union Position: AFSCME
Date Posted: 06/03/2022
Deadline: Until filled
To keep buildings, grounds, and equipment set up and in good physical condition and effectively attend to the client's and visitors' needs.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance to Expo Center, fairground buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Provide services for rental clients, including setting up tables, chairs, sound equipment; electrical needs; clean up; and other special requests or problems.
- Serve as an after-hours contact person for clients, resolve problems, may collect fees, and must enforce rules and regulations.
- Store and inventory recreation vehicles in rental storage.
- Supervise work crews assigned to fairgrounds, including assigning work and supplies.
- Responsible for securing the building.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent with two years of building maintenance experience and two years of public service experience.
Experience: Must have experience driving vehicles with standard transmissions and must be able to operate a forklift and tractor. A valid Michigan driver's license with a good driving record is required. Must be bondable and able to pass a security check. Must be able to work independently and willing to work nontraditional hours, weekends, and some holidays.
*County position includes a benefits package with medical coverage, paid holidays, and vacation time. Available supplemental dental and vision. Eligible for Defined Benefit pension after vesting period.
VETERANS: Please provide your joint services transcript with your application.
Please go to www.kalcounty.com/hrd and click on Union Contracts (left side) to view the current collective bargaining agreement.
Starting Salary: (S17- N): $20.12/hr.
Full-time; Wednesday - Sunday, hours vary
Union Position: AFSCME
Date Posted: 06/21/2022
Deadline: Until filled
Manage and operate County Parks on a daily basis within guidelines to provide quality park services, facilities, and experiences for park visitors.
- Oversee park operations as assigned. On an as-needed basis, may work at all County Parks or the Expo Center and may directly operate multiple parks.
- As assigned, oversee and schedule facility management, equipment, and park improvement projects.
- Ensure preventative and operational maintenance is planned for and completed on buildings, equipment, and properties.
- Hire, supervise, train, evaluate, discipline and/or terminate seasonal staff.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of capital improvement and park improvement projects.
- Serve as a guest service contact for clients, the general public, and special events. Answer questions, solve problems, and enforce rules and regulations.
- Collect fees, and prepare receipt records, deposits, and other records to properly account for activities.
- Provide clean, well-maintained facilities by assigning or performing maintenance, repairs, landscaping, grounds keeping, vandalism repair, trash removal, construction activities, and ongoing maintenance for nature trails, roads, parking lots, gates, fences, and park and recreation equipment.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of future park operations, customer service policies, operational policies, park rules, special event agreements, and staffing
Education: Four-year degree in Park Management or related field, or military equivalency, or four years progressively responsible experience in park operations, or any comparable combination of experience, education, or training.
Experience: Valid Michigan driver's license and good driving record. No felony convictions. Must be able to drive vehicles with standard transmission and operate equipment with hand and/or foot controls. Driving and criminal background checks will be completed. Post offer physical required
County positions include benefits packages with medical coverage, paid holidays, and vacation time. Available supplemental dental and vision. Defined Benefit pension after vesting period.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Seasonal Park Attendant
Starting Salary $12.75 - $13.25/hr.
Part-time 20-40 hrs. /Week
Date Posted: 02/20/2022
Deadline: Until filled
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Issue park permits, collect fees and monitor vehicles for valid licenses. Assist with event preparation, set‐up and operation. Provide information and assistance to the general public. Prepare receipt records, daily deposits, and other records to provide proper accounting of activities. Assist in providing clean, well maintained, and safe facilities by performing janitorial duties, maintenance work, including operating mowers and Parks vehicles.
Seven (7) positions: Monday - Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm focusing on mowing, trimming, and park maintenance.
Thirty positions (30): Variable hours, evenings, weekdays, weekends & holidays. 20-40 hours per week focusing on customer service in parks and campgrounds, performing light park maintenance duties, and cleaning park facilities.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or GED certification and be a minimum of 18 years old. Effective communication skills, ability to do simple math, ability to operate vehicles. Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license and pass a background check. Drug testing is a requirement for this position.
Send Resume to:
Kalamazoo Parks & Expo Center
2900 Lake Street,
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Kristine D. Cunningham
Human Resources Director
Deputy Human Resources Director
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
Closed on County Holidays