Kalamazoo County Parks and Expo Center

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I purchase an annual pass?

Annual passes can be purchased at any of the parks with cash or check from the gatehouse (if open) or through the self-pay post by following the instructions on the pay envelope. Passes can also be purchased at the Kalamazoo County Parks located inside the Expo Center at 2900 Lake St or over the phone with a credit card by calling (269)383-8778. Annual passes can be used at all five Kalamazoo County Parks and are good for the calendar year. The cost is $30.00 for a regular pass and $25.00 for a senior pass (ages 62+).

Q: Does my Recreation Passport (on my license plate) work for the County Parks?

No, the recreation passport is only good at State Parks. You need to purchase a daily pass or an annual pass to use a Kalamazoo County Park.

Q. Can we have more than one (1) tent/RV on a campsite?

Only one camping unit per campsite. A small tent for juveniles or supplies is allowed.

Q. Payment for Camping and Picnic Reservations.

Payment can be made either by Credit Card; Discover, MasterCard and Visa, cash, check or money order. Payment must be received to hold your reservation(s). If payment is not made you will lose your reservation.

Q. Is there a fee to reserve campsites?

Yes, there is a $5 per site fee. This fee is non-refundable if the reservation is cancelled.

Q. What is your refund policy?

Camping Cancellation Policy:Reservation fees are non-refundable. If you cancel your reservation two weeks prior to the first night’s stay, your refund will be the camping fees paid less a $5.00 cancellation fee.  If your reservation is cancelled or changed less than two weeks from your first night’s stay, your refund will be the camping fees paid less the amounts paid for the first two nights camping and a $5.00 cancellation fee. No camping fee refunds will be given for cancellations or changes on the day of or after the first day of reservation.

Picnics: If given two weeks notice, the refund will be 80% of the shelter cost. If less than two weeks, no refund will be made, but credit will be given for another equally priced shelter within the same year.

Q. Is there a minimum or maximum night stay for camping?

For weekend camping you are required to reserve a minimum of two nights. The maximum stay is fourteen (14) nights then the camper must leave for 2 nights before being able to return.

Q. How can I reserve or find out about the Wenke Softball fields?

Call Comstock Township at 269-343-8212.

Q. When is the disc golf course open?

Disc golf is open year around during daylight hours only.

Q. How can I find out information about the Kalamazoo County Youth Fair:

Contact the Fair Coordinator at 269-383-8778, or visit the Fair section of our website -

Q. Are there rowboats available to rent at the parks?

Yes. Row boats are available to rent at Cold Brook Park.

Q. Can I reserve my picnic shelter or campsite now for next year?

We only take reservations for the current year. We begin taking reservations on the first business day of January of each year.

Q. Are Ebikes allowed on the KRV Trail?

Only Class 1 Ebikes are permitted for use on the trail.

$5.00 daily vehicle admission
$30.00 annual vehicle pass
$25.00 senior/discount annual vehicle pass

Email the Director