Office of the Sheriff
Sheriff's Office Response to COVID-19 Coronavirus
Due to the current state of emergency concerning the Coronavirus & Covid-19 pandemic and in accordance with Governor Whitmer’s direction, the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office is providing essential services only and our front lobby is available by appointment only to minimize the risk of spreading the virus to our inmate population and first responders.
We continue to respond to all 9-1-1 calls and requests for assistance.
In the meanwhile,
- Sex offender registry updates must be done in person by appointment at the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office Lobby.
- Pistol purchase permits can be dropped in the gray mailbox in front of the Sheriff's Office or mailed to the Sheriff’s Office.
- Copies of Reports and Freedom of Information Act requests can be mailed to the Sheriff’s Office or requested online.
- Inmate Debt Payments can be mailed to the Sheriff’s Office.
- Concealed Pistol License (CPL) fingerprints are available at Western Michigan University Dept of Public Safety, the Township of Kalamazoo Police Department, or at the Kalamazoo Clerk's Office
Our mailing address is:
Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office
1500 Lamont Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
You can also e-mail us for non-emergency, not-in-progress matters by selecting the Contact us link along the left side of this web page and choosing Comments or Request Service.
NOTE - Never include any sensitive information such as social security numbers, operator's license numbers, credit card or account numbers when sending an email or submitting a web form.