Boating, ORV, and Snowmobile
For more information or to sign up for classes, call Sgt Delabarre at (269) 385-6155.
Off Road Vehicle Safety Class
– The ORV Safety Class provides students with an overview of dirtbike, quad, and snowmobile operation, rules for safe and legal operation of the vehicles, and tips on maintaining good relations with neighbors in the community. Students who successfully pass the exam at the conclusion of the class will receive an ORV Safety Certificate, which is required in the following situations:
- All ORV operators under 16 years old are required to possess a valid safety training certificate when operating an ORV.
- The operator must carry the safety certificate on his or her person and present it upon demand of a law enforcement officer.
Boating Safety Class
– This class introduces its students to the structure and operation of a boat, covers the basic legal requirements of owning and operating a watercraft, discusses how to stay safe on the waterways, and teaches the basic rules of navigation. Students who successfully pass the exam at the end of the class will receive a boating safety certificate. This certificate is required in the following situations:
- Persons born after December 31, 1978 shall not operate a personal watercraft unless they obtain a boating safety certificate.
- The operators of a personal watercraft must carry their boating safety certificate and display it upon the demand of a peace officer.
Snowmobile Safety Class – The Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office is currently developing a snowmobile safety class. More details will be announced in the near future.
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Richard C Fuller
Paul G Matyas